Thursday, December 25, 2008

"You'll Be Better"

severe elevation | high elevation | moderate elevation | slight elevation | stable | slight depression | moderate depression | deep depression | severe depression || anx : 2 , agit : 3


I just remembered that it was on Christmas Eve last year that an overspiritual older lady, in an effort to "encourage" me only succeeded in offending me. She talked to me consolingly like I was an invalid saying, "You'll be healed ... you'll be okay".

Big thanks. That was stupidly insensitive of her.

First of all I'm not sick. I was born with chemical imbalance; I didn't acquire it by omosis. To say this is a sickness would be like that saying people with bald spots, cleft chins or red-green color blindness were sick.

But yeah , for short-sighted, narrow minded idjits, we could just use the word "sick" so there's a word they can understand.

Secondly, there is no cure for bipolar mood, so no, I can't and won't get healed unless God sends a miracle, and to be honest, I'm not counting on one.

Chances are, she heard about my condition from other people (like duh, she didn't hear it from me!), and chances are she was misinformed. She probably even heard that frakkin' rumor that I had a nervous breakdown and /or had to be admitted into an institution and /or I turned psychotic (Oh yes, some wanker actually used that cursed word). Darned rumor rats.

Is schadenfreude their pasttime?

Now a year after, I still feel like I could benefit from giving her a piece of my mind for her unsolicited meddling. For that matter, I'd like to find the rumor rats and stitch their tongues to the floor. But yeah, that's futile so forget that.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...