Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Feverless "Flu"


today's weather: S L I G H T D E P R E S S I O N
anxiety : 1
agitation : 1


I've been having what seems like an extended period of depression because my anti-allergy meds have more side-effects than actual effects.

DAAAAAARN THIIIIIS
SSSS!!!

It was only last night that I thought of reading up about Cetirizine Hydrochloride; I hadn't thought of checking earlier because I took the same meds when I was younger and I hadn't noticed any unpleasant side effects then. Maybe these particular tabs have a higher dosage, maybe my body has become less tolerant as it aged, but I've been experiencing symptoms that are like the flu, only without fever.

So. Side effects include somnolence, dizziness, headaches, nausea, malaise, fatigue, muscle pain, stomach pain, sore / dry throat. I've had to stay in bed for whole days because I just couldn't get myself up, and I thought it was because of a depressive episode. Well, let's just put it this way: I unknowingly put myself in an extended depression by taking this drug. Frackkit.

Damn, I've been on it for a couple of weeks ( or months?) now, I kinda think the side effects have gotten worse, if that's at all possible. I noted no adverse indications when I first started taking it earlier this year. It was last week when I first noticed the inconquerable fatigue, pegged it as moderate depression. I missed the dosage for a few days and noticed a considerable lift in my disposition. I took the same anti-allergy meds again the other day, and the following day I was bedridden with the feverless "flu". I began to suspect my being trapped in the doldrums might have something to do with the Cetirizine. I've overdosed perhaps? Anyway, I've decided to discontinue use; I'm going back to Loratadine.

I hope that I'll feel better by tomorrow. I need my energy and presence of mind as we prepare for our trip.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...