Wednesday, August 3, 2011

code yellow

today's flavor: S L I G H T E L E V A T I O N
anxiety : 0.5
agitation : 1



Exactly as I thought, what I called a "depression" the other day was a fluke. It was a weird, incidental occurence brought about by the allergy tabs and the painkiller + carpal tunnel relaxant. I failed to take doses for two days straight, so when I started on them again I felt the full force of their combined fringe benefits : drowsiness, listlessnes, fatigue, the despair commonly brought about by muscle pains. But I was fine the following day.

In other words, it may have felt and looked a lot like depression, but it was not.

By now I think my body's gotten adjusted to the anti-allergy + anti-nerve-twisting combination; I hardly feel any side effects anymore. Well, it's either that or the tabs I've been drinking are expired. :p I mean I begin to feel drowsiness a few hours after taking, not immediately like before. If I've gotten a good night's morning's sleep (I just remembered I don't really sleep at night, tee hee), I wouldn't feel woozy after rising. I'd have sufficient energy to complete the day, not like when I was first taking, in which I'd be cemented to the bed and I wouldn't have even bothered to get up in case the nausea turned into a full-blown upchuck.

Now that I don't feel much of the drowsiness et al, my current episode is revealing its true identity. It's really an elevation. As I am becoming less and less quieted by the Cetirizine and the Lyrica, my thoughts are beginning to chase each other. Just chasing though, no tripping over each other yet - it's but a slight elevation. Without the side effects of the current doses, it likely would not be so slight.

I'm feeling antsy again, and I've become a conversation monopolist.

As for the creative landslide that comes with every Code Yellow, the rocks have begun to trickle downhill, i.e., my mind has conceptualized several possible projects all at the same time. So far I have ideas for the following:
  • A cheesy novel with unconventional but clever, non-chronological storytelling, about a girl and her coming of age
  • A sequel to that novel in which the girl is all grown up
  • A stylized painting
  • A companion to that painting
  • A mural
  • Alterations to existing drawings
  • Another crossword puzzle
  • A poem
  • A new blog layout
  • Several blog entries
  • My ArtFire store
  • An alternate online store/showroom site on Blogger, because those programmers at ArtFire didn't think of making their site's interface a little more idiot-friendly
  • A couple of conversations I'd like to take place
  • A pair of earrings
  • Wine glass charms
  • Pesto
  • Tomorrow's merienda

So, good luck to me. I probably won't complete all those things before the next depression arrives - which isn't so bad. I will likely forget most of them unless I make thumbnail sketches with annotations. I don't like drawing anywhere except my sketchbooks, but I am decidedly snobbing both my sketchbooks right now, so I won't be picking them up anytime soon (Why am I giving my sketchbooks the cold shoulder, you may ask? One is messy, nearly dilapidated and its contents have no organization whatsoever; it's an utter eyesore. The other has an embarassingly failed drawing that I would like very much not to see anymore. I know it's totally not their fault but I jut can't handle opening them at the moment).

And now the sleepiness is kicking in. No way!? It's not even morning yet!?

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...