Friday, April 6, 2012

graveyard shift

today's flavor: S L I G H T D E P R E S S I ON
anxiety : 3
agitation : 2
unwanted  guests:  restlessness




For years now, I've preferred working after midnight because I find it's the time my mind is most prone to creative ideas.  Besides that, it's cooler at night.  And it's quieter - no blaring radio from the neighbors, no annoying trikes, less planes rumbling overhead, no one trying to talk to me and derail my train of thought.  I'd also have the laptop to myself - something that doesn't happen in the daytime. 

And oh, faster internet speed = bliss.

But then, I'm also more prone to scaring myself with the little scuffly noises I hear, and I'm acutely aware of how lonely it is.  :/   Well, you win some, you lose some.

Keeping me company the past few nights (and for the nights to come) is another geeky, disturbed genius type with gorgeous cheekbones:  Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock, 2012), played by Benedict Cumberbatch.  And ay, me.  I am soooo Sherlocked.  I've seen both seasons and am eager for the third, but while I wait, I shall have to re-watch everything because it's just so clever.






I really have a thing for geeky, disturbed genius types with gorgeous cheekbones. I still enjoy  watching Chuck Bartowski (played by Zachary Levi) in reruns of Chuck , no matter how frustratingly idiotic the show was. Sylar / Gabriel Gray of Heroes (Zachary Quinto) is red meat.  The Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) is not as cool as the Eleventh, but he's cuter.  I used to think Dr. Sheldon Cooper of BBT (Jim Parsons) was irresistibly cute, but he has since been eclipsed.And Johnny Depp in any role is always hot - he qualifies as a geeky, disturbed genius type with gorgeous cheekbones since his real-life self supposedly has ridiculously high IQ.

So there.  I don't feel so lonely anymore.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...