Sunday, May 13, 2012

a staycation of sorts

today's flavor: B A S E L I N E
anxiety : 1
agitation : 0


For the past two weeks, the Hubby and I have been house-sitting for a relative, and the change in environment is really doing us well.  Speaking for myself, I'm getting more rest, and that's always welcome.  I'm getting more work done in the day too - I've consistently completed my daily To-Do lists, and have enough time left over in the evening to read and watch television.  How great is that?

At night, I've been getting restful and unbroken sleep.  No need for sleep-aids.  I love it.  I get to wake up earlier than usual and get an earlier start to my usual day.

I believe it's partly because it's much quieter here - no ostentatiously cackling chickens, no inconsiderate karaoke/Win Radio neighbors, no noisy trikes or aircraft zooming by.  And being that we are alone in this house, there are less interruptions, less contradictions.  And I can't ignore the fact that this place is not prone to dust, and that's a wonderful time-saver - no need to wash and re-wash utensils before use.  And the absence of clutter makes the environment conducive for productive thought.

I also appreciate the fact that in this house, we have use of a quiet study room.  I can think and write and work more efficiently. 

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...