Saturday, January 3, 2009

I Survived Another Holiday Season

severe elevation | high elevation | moderate elevation | slight elevation | stable | slight depression | moderate depression | deep depression | severe depression
anx : 1 , agit : 2



I started the year right by lazing out in front of the laptop in front of the television. I hardly even noticed the fireworks.

My Dad's house (where the Hubby and I have been staying and spent New Year's Eve) has a good view for New Year's Eve fireworks. If one stands just in the garden, he can get a glimpse of the Ayala and The Fort pyrotechnics. From the roof, one can watch the sky-displays from Paranaque, Taguig and Makati.

But that aside ...

Yeah, I didn't care much for watching fireworks this year; I thought I'd just forget about it all after a week anyway. I did my bit of token introspection and scrapbooked tags from the gifts I received. I pretended to make plans and goals while actually just reusing my old ones.

I never thought anything like "I'm thankful for 2008 / 2008," or any of that sort. The word thankful never even came into my head until now. I just resolved to make 2009 a better year, like a whole lot of other good people out there.

We will make 2009 a better year, we say.

Better than what?

Oh. Good question. Better than 1992? Than 1975, before I was even born?
Better than 2008 at least, I suppose.

Better for whom?

Another good question. Oh, tricky. I should say "better for me", of course - but that just sounds so boorishly selfish.

Okay, okay. Better for myself and those I love. Fair enough, I guess.

Better - how?

Sheesh. Now that's tough. Better, as in fatter? Richer? Stronger? Healthier? Straighter hair? More vegetables? More capable to endure the annoying neighbours' loud videoke vice? I think i better sit on this again.

I started out on the "better" part by rearranging and cleaning the bedroom a bit - allowing for easier access to our stuff and better bunny-traffic. I had a shot of elevation the other night in the middle of the movie marathon and I just had to express my brilliant idea into action. The Hubby thinks it was a good idea, and the bunnies seem not to be complaining, so I guess that was a good move - made things better in a way. I just need to think of better ideas to keep dust out.

So I guess I'll be making this the word for my year: Better.

Better breakfasts, better hair and nails and skin, better diet, better vocabulary. Better home, better relationships. Better cooking, better writing.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...