Tuesday, January 6, 2009

(More) Pet Therapy

severe elevation | high elevation | moderate elevation | slight elevation | stable | slight depression | moderate depression | deep depression | severe depression || anx : 1 , agit : 2


I had to anticipate a possible way downward swing the other day and employ some massive coping tools. I was extremely saddened by the untimely death of a very cute bunny-friend, Butter (my brother's bunny; his favorite one too). To help with the grieving, we held a funeral service for Butter that evening. We buried him beside the basil bushes that fed him well while he lived.

I told the Hubby to watch me for the next few days as I might be to sad about it. He helped me to refocus and appreciate the bunnies that were still living.

To keep my mind away from sad thoughts, Hubby and I took bunny-friends Davey and Pepper for a walk. Or rather, the bunnies took us for a walk. They led, and we followed. This was the first time we've done this; it's not too common to see a person "walking" a bunny. Had to make sure they were comfortably well-harnessed and leashed so they wouldn't run away too far.

It was kinda fun actually. It was a bit of physical exercise too.

It provided a bit of social interaction as well. The bunnies are just too cute that passersby keep coming over and saying hi. Good antidepressant. People do some small-talk but they stay at a nice, safe distance; and they try to be polite and cute too because the presence of the bunnies seems to have this calming effect.

I'm definitely doing this again to neutralize depression, or simply to break the boredom.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...