Friday, July 29, 2011

what stole my sleep this week

today's weather: S L I G H T N O T H I N G
anxiety : 0
agitation : 0



It's a different kind of creative rush, me thinks.

I must say that making a crossword puzzle is much more fun than answering one. I think I've just stumbled into a new hobby - a non-artsy, rather unconventional one.

Wouldn't I be so proud to share that with people when they ask me about what I enjoy doing: "Oh, I construct crossword puzzles," and more emphatically, "for fun". More ammo in my arsenal of pretentious BS that would make me seem so smart and unique. And boring. Hahaha.

I love that I'm so talented, and in a both-brain-hemispheres sort of way. ;) Tsk.

But seriously, I did have a lot of fun. I wrote more about it here and here.


I enjoyed it too much, in fact. Whenever I'd finish a section of words that lined up perfectly, I would find something I'm not entirely happy with, erase all the affected squares and fill in new words. I did that over and over across the entire puzzle. I mean, both the puzzles I worked on. It was borderline perfectionist and obsessive-compulsive. I'm sure it hadn't crossed over to something unhealthy because I was still having a lot of fun.

If the Hubby hadn't made me promise to sleep, I probably wouldn't have bothered. I stayed awake two nights filling up the grid and writing out the clues, and come this morning I still felt alive enough to go right into the day. But a promise is a promise, so I napped until noon.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...